Installation, use and maintenance of cross shaft universal coupling
1.Before the installation of the cross shaft universal coupling, clean the two end faces, check the fit of the end face key notch, and then tighten the screws, which are not allowed to be loose. When the spline shaft of the cross shaft universal coupling is separated from the spline sleeve, and then the spline shaft is meshed with the spline sleeve, the two arrows must be aligned and assembled according to the arrow on the coupling. The flange connecting bolt can only be installed from one end of the half coupling matched with the flange of the cross shaft universal coupling, The nut is tightened by the flange side of the cross shaft universal coupling (as shown in the figure below). The mechanical properties of bolts shall meet the requirements of grade 10.9 in GB / T3098.1-2000, and the mechanical properties of nuts shall meet the requirements of Grade 10 in GB / T3098.2-2000.
2. After the cross shaft universal coupling is installed, it is necessary to check all the fastening screws for normal operation for one shift. If it is found to be loose, it must be tightened again with the specified tightening torque, so as to ensure that it will not be loosened
3. The sliding surface, cross shaft and bearing of cross shaft type universal coupling must be lubricated. Generally, 2# industrial lithium grease or 2# molybdenum disulfide calcium grease shall be used. The newly manufactured coupling has been greased, so there is no need to add grease immediately. The coupling stored for more than 6 months should be re greased. Under normal conditions, add grease once every 500 hours of continuous operation and once every 2 months of intermittent operation. If working under high temperature (no more than 250℃), grease must be added once a week. When adding grease, screw off the oil hole plug on the bearing end face and inject it with high-pressure oil gun until overflow. Our company is not responsible for the damage of cross shaft universal coupling caused by not adding grease as required.
4. Generally, the cross shaft universal coupling must be maintained once every 3 months. If normal wear such as indentation is found, it should be replaced in time.
5. In order to prolong the service life of universal coupling, after maintenance and cleaning, the cross shaft should be rotated 180 °for installation, so that the journal can be used alternately.
6. Long term overload use should be avoided to avoid the occurrence of operation accidents.
7. During the operation, it is necessary to observe whether the cross shaft universal coupling has abnormal radial swing and bearing heating, and it must be repaired in time.
8. Appropriate safety protection measures must be taken in all places where personal and equipment accidents may occur due to the running cross shaft universal coupling.